Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter time

I arrived at the Park early enough to do a short warm-up on my own before meeting up with the small running group. The time taken during that training session was 1 hour, 14 minutes and 26 seconds. This time I didn't improve the speed but I maintained my pace. We run 14,12 km along the Southern side of the town and through the countryside. My average pace was 5:16 min/km.

As you know we need a well balanced meal after running. If you see the photo below posted you can see the Italian Easter’s pastry which contains both proteins and carbohydrates. It is made from a very special and old recipe which has two particular ingredients which make it unique: moisture taken from the orange tree blossom and cooked wheat. Also used in the recipe are "ricotta" cheese, candid fruit and classic short pastry. Making the Easter’s pastry does not require any great ability.
Happy Easter to you all.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Giorgio,
It sounds like you had a nice run...good work!

The Easter Pastry looks wonderful and sounds very tasty:)

I hope that you and your family have a beautiful Easter!

Anne said...

Good job on your run and those look delicious! Happy Easter :)

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a good run! Don't worry about me missing runs with my sister visiting - she is even more dedicated than I am and will make SURE I do not skip anything. She is also much faster than me!

Your Easter patries look delicious! Have a very happy day!

Black Knight said...

I am back after 11 long hours of flight. Have a good Easter, see you soon. I will enter the Vivicittà because I could run on the treadmills of the hotels. Let's keep in touch to organize the "battle" if you decide to fight in Rome.

Jon in Tokyo said...

You seem to be training well.
Have you a target you want to achieve?

Unknown said...

Good luck on your upcoming 12k with Black Knight. It's definitely more fun to conquer a race with a running partner! Happy Easter!

Black Knight said...

Come si fa per iscriversi alla gara di Roma?

Johann said...

Happy Easter! The pastry looks fantastic. I did eat too much this weekend. You had a lovely run.

Sherri said...

Great run and I hope you had a great EAster!!!

Black Knight said...

Iscritto al Vivicittà di Civitavecchia ed alla Maratonina di Tarquinia. Inoltre farò la Race for the Cure a Roma. Fammi sapere