Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tuscany, Grosseto's 12 kilometers race


First of all, thank you so very much to everyone who commented on my last blog post about salt preventing cramping.
This morning I ran a nice 12 kilometers race in Grosseto (Tuscany), less than 200 km from Rome (2 hour drive, direction north). It was a sunny Sunday, perfect for running through nature and landscape of Tuscany countryside. The track was flat and the organization was very good. I was delighted with my time taken: 53 minutes and 1 second (average pace 4.25 min./km) and after the race we got a nice loot (wine, pasta, cheese and milk) :) I and Stefano are planning to run other running races in Tuscany next months.
I hope all you'll enjoy the rest of this Sunday!

8 comments:

Anne said...

That race sounds amazing...love the after race loot! :)

Congratulations on your pace...You are so fast!!!

Black Knight said...

You made a great job despite the sun. Tuscany will be our next County of conquest.

Amy said...

Sounds like Tuscany is the place to race! Good job on the fast time!

Julie said...

Hi Giorgio,
I think that you had a great race time! Congrats to you:)

I would love to be able to do a race in Tuscany sometime. Enjoy the week Giorgio!

Johann said...

Well done, that is an excellent time! Wow, the race loot sounds great too! Have a good week Giorgio!

chris mcpeake said...

congrats on a great race

oldrunningfox. said...

Hi there Giorgio,
That's a great time for 12km, a time I can only dream about now! Would love to visit Tuscany sometime, I've heard so many wonderful things about it. I also associate it with my favourite and most moving music, that of Giacomo Puccini. One of these days, God willing, I'll visit his shrine in Torre del Lago.
Good luck with your running.

Fran said...

You're fast Giorgio! Great time!

Sounds like so much fun. I was running in a bit of rain, in the city and all I've got afterwards was an AA drink :lol: