Sunday, October 24, 2010

Southern Italy, Itri

Yesterday morning  I came back from South Italy where I spent one week  for job. Unfortunately I ran once only because during last week life has been crazy busy. On Wednesday, the 20th of October  I tryed to run 45 minutes through olive trees. The landscape was beautiful although the weather was cloudy.
I arrived back home Saturday evening and I was tired. Of course, this morning I didn't  run the Grosseto's 12 km  race and I look forward to reading Stefano's report. I'm sure that the Black Knight's flag is waving  on the rooftops of the conquered town.. 

As request by Ewa, I show some photos of Southern Italy where I went for job last week. The photo on the right shows the last raisin of this season  that I saw while I was running next to wonderful wineyards. In the third photo below you can see the hills surronding a small town in Southern Italy. Its name is Itri. That old small town is situated at 170 m. above sea level and its population is a little more than 10,000.
In the same  photo above mentioned  you can see the limestone composition of the hills, which is cause of the absence of  trees and watercourses. It's a territory of a great naturalistic interest which has recently been incorporated into a National Park.

Cheers to you all blogger friends!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Welcome back Giorgio! It sounds like you were busy in Southern Italy but found one day to run! Wonderful! Those are lovely pictures of the vineyard that you ran by:)

Good to have you back Giorgio...enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Johann said...

I think you had a good time even though you didn't do much running. I love that rail photo! I'm such a train geek! Have a good week Gorgio!

Fran said...

Welcome home Giorgio, it looks beautiful up there.

Black Knight said...

Welcome back, without your support the Black Knight Army needed more time to conquer Grosseto but we did it! The loot was very big. See you soon to plan dinners, workouts and, why not, a virtual race.

Ewa said...

Runs through olive trees and runs by vineyards - this sounds totally wonderful.
BTW, thanks for the pictures. I was lucky to visit Italy a couple of times but it would take years to explore this country. Why are our lives so short and money so tight? :)
Welcome back and good runs to you.

Anne said...

You had me there, I thought you did a tri in Southern Italy :)
Beautiful pics!

kizzy said...

Welcome back! Good luck...

arcteryx

Unknown said...

What gorgeous pictures, thanks for sharing them with us!

Black Knight said...

Venerdì mattina alle 07.00 andrò a fare il lungo con il tuo scudiero, pertanto la sera non mi onorerò di far parte del glorioso gruppo che guiderai alla vittoria. A presto.

Christina said...

Sometimes not running is perfect because it gives your body a needed rest. Hopefully you were able to drink a lot of wine instead.

Mariaella said...

Hi, We live in Bella Itri, the place that you recently visited. We are an English couple and have been here 5 years now. We love it.

You can read more here:

http://trecancelle.shapcott-family.com

Our Blog: http://trecancelle.wordpress.com

and

http://itri.shapcott-family.com

Ciao for now !!!