Monday, July 04, 2011

Itri

Last weekend I went to Itri, 180 km South from Rome, where I met my mother and my two sisters with their families. My mother usually live in Naples but she has recently moved to Itri because there are a lot of  protests in Naples related to the urban waste emergency.
http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/english/2011/06/24/visualizza_new.html_813691788.html
Along the freeway I saw a landscape of sunflowers

My mother has a small house in Itri situated on a hill next to the see and she sometimes spends summer time there. The photo below shows the landscape which I saw from her house.
I really had a relaxing time there and walked along olive trees and  through Mediterranean shrub. While I was walking through the valley which you can see in the picture, I saw a lot of British and French families who spent their holiday there. They like that part of Italy and sometimes British and French people  buy houses with garden there.  The two photos below show a view of my mother's small house, her barbecue and ... hartichoke's flowers :)



View of my mother's house


Hartichoke's flowers

Barbecue

The last two days I didn't run although I've planned to run a race on July, 8th. So next Friday I'm running a race with Stefano in Orbetello (Tuscany) and that race starts at 09:00 p.m. I have never run a race in the night!

Nice running to all my blogger friends!

10 comments:

Char said...

I love the picture of the sunflowers. One of my running friends is over in Italy at the moment and she put a very similar photo on her Facebook page today. They're such happy flowers and a field full of them is a field full of joy.

Rís said...

fantastic photos Giorgio - Italy is blooming!

Anne said...

Gorgeous photos Giorgio! Your mother lives in a very beautiful area and her home is lovely. Enjoy the rest :)

Amy said...

Love seeing the pictures - it looks so lovely there and sounds like you had a relaxing visit.

Johann said...

It is easy to see why you had such a relaxing time there. Really beautiful! I would love a holiday there myself. Have a good week Giorgio!

Black Knight said...

What a beautiful place to spend some days in relax.
Of course in Orbetello we will not take prisoners!!
And the same in S.Marinella on the next saturday.

Roberto said...

I live in Itri, however i would like to give a correct information: Itri is 125km south of rome =). Happy that you like it!

ajh said...

I love sunflowers. That photo is magnificent. The view is also. Enjoy your first race at night.

Giorgio said...

You're right Roberto, maybe I considered 180 km from Civitavecchia, which is the town where I live (about 60 km North from Rome). Thanks for your kind information e for visiting my blog. I hope'll you follow again my blog considering that we both like Itri :)

Fran said...

Such a beautiful place where your mother lives, I can imagine it is fun for you to visit her.

Have fun at the night race. Haven't done one either but do want to try it someday.