Sunday, July 15, 2012

International running flag of friendship

On Saturday, July, 14th, The "International Running Flag of Friendship" was here, in Santa Marinella, Italy, about 60 km North from Rome. Yesterday I ran the Santa Marinella's 10 km race with the Italian flag (You can see it on my blue running shirt, above the number 260) and crossed the finish line after 46 minutes and 6 seconds. After I had run that tough race I was honoured to put the Italian flag on the "International running flag of friendship", which will  be quickly sent  to U.S.A.

http://flagoffriendship.blogspot.it/  The International flag, which  was created thanks to Johann's stroke of genius, is now considered as  a symbol of our great blogger community. As soon as possible I'll send the International Running Flag to Christina from Phoenix, Arizona.  

Nice week to all my blogger friends!  

8 comments:

Char said...

How many flags are on it now Giorgio? When I last saw it, it only had three.

Thomas Bussiere said...

Great idea. Sorry to hear about Black Knight.

Johann said...

Thank you so much Giorgio! I'm excited to see it moving between everyone and all our countries. Have a great week!

Ewa said...

What a wonderful idea that flag is.

Black Knight said...

Gareggia tu per me..... qui non si vede la fine. Senza busto non riesco neanche a stare seduto. Inoltre la frattura, contrariamente a quanto accadde per il femore, non mi permette alcun tipo di attività fisica, neanche la palestra. Se tutto va bene se ne riparla a novembre.

Fran said...

Again; I love the idea. Sorry I couldn't be of any help with it.

Amy said...

How exciting! Great time too!

Rís said...

Brilliant Giorgio - well done!