Saturday, July 25, 2015

Santa Marinella by night race

I haven't got any picture of the 7k race which I ran on July 18th in Santa Marinella. The race started at 09:30 pm and the organization wasn't good enough: after the race runners couldn't have any fruit or drinks containing minerals. That's unthinkable in Summer time after a race.  
I maintained the same pace of 04:20 min./km which I did two weeks ago in my previous 7 km race. Not too bad, considering that the track was hilly, and the weather was hot and humid. I think I will not run that race once again.
I'd like to show a picture which I took this morning  while I was running past the port. It shows a sailing ship. I didn't see its flag, so I don't know where that ship comes from. If that white bus hadn't been there, the picture would have seemed very old.  It would seem a picture taken in the 1920s.
Nice weekend to everyone!

8 comments:

Amy said...

7 kilometers is a nice distance for a race - too bad it was poorly organized!

Fran said...

Too bad the race wasn't well organized but you had a nice pace.

Beautiful ship.

Black Knight said...

Io ho trovato giusto una foto di gruppo e anche di scarsa qualità. Proprio un'esperienza da non ripetere. Anche questa è un'esperienza. Appuntamento a Viterbo!!!

Char said...

It's pretty poor not to get refreshments at the end of a race. I don't think I've ever done one that hasn't had at least bananas or oranges and water.

Giorgio said...

To Char: they didn't give tea, oranges, bananas or cakes; after the race they gave only some water ... a small bottle only! I've never seen such a poor organization. That race will be on the black list. I will not run it once again.

Johann said...

I read Stefano's report of the crazy race. Not good for sure! That is really a lovely picture and yes, it seems that the bus it out of place there.

Teamarcia said...

I can't believe they had no food or drinks after that race. So wrong! That ship is beautiful. In MY port! Haha! Yay I'm able to comment today! :D

Half Crazed Runner said...

Beautiful pic of sailboat! best to focus on the nicer side of life!